Friends of the ACPD Meeting, April 6, 6:30pm: Join us at Trinity Lutheran for the monthly meeting of the Ashland County Park District commissioners.
Annual Spring Turkey Lottery, April 11, 3pm: Will take place at the Ashland County Conservation League, 1930 Co. Rd. 1035. For more details, click here. Note: This lottery is for SPRING turkey hunting only.
Family Nature Club, April 18, 1pm: Join Ashland County Park District volunteers, Tammy Barr, Lindsay Gibb, and Amber Clingan at the Fire Company Nature Cabin. Participants will take a nature walk, looking for real birds and bird pictures that have been hidden. Then everyone will return to the cabin and make a “tree” of twigs and pictures. Don’t miss the fun!
Mohican Wildlife Weekend at Byers Woods, April 25: On Saturday, April 25, Byers Woods Park is offering a variety of activities as part of Mohican Wildlife Weekend. This is the fifth year that the Ashland County Park District is participating in Mohican Wildlife Weekend. For a complete schedule of events beginning on Friday, April 24-26, 2015, please visit online www.mohicanwildlifeweekend.com. The ACPD encourages those who are interested in birding, mushroom hunting, wildlife animal behavior, geo-caching and nature crafts to join us for a day of fun and learning. The schedule is as follows:
- 9:00am: Bird-walk led by Tim Leslie, President of the Greater Mohican Audubon Society. This park has 77 species of birds found by visitors.
- 10:30am: “More Than Morel Mushrooms”-The mushroom lady, Julie Powell Albright will share information about hunting morel and other varieties, and will provide tasty samples and recipes. She will lead a foray into the woods at the end.
- 12:30pm: “Nature’s Animals–What is True? What is Not?-Dr. Richard Stoffer, field biologist, nature preserve manager and retired professor, is providing information and insight into interesting animal behavior.
- 2:00pm: “Geo-caching–Getting Started”-Have you been wondering about this relatively new popular outdoor hobby? Susan Vermilya is giving an overview and instruction for beginners. Guidance may be given for finding caches hidden in the park.
- 10-3:30: Nature crafts will be available for children throughout the day.
Crall Woods Hike – May 10, 2pm: Join us for a Mother’s Day hike led by Eric Mayer.
Audubon Wetlands Hike – May 17, 2pm: Join volunteer Tony Lecorchick, make smiley faces along the path during hike.
Bookmobile in the Park, Fridays – June 5 to July 31, 2pm: Location details to follow.
Kids’ Day at the Ashland County Conservation Farm, June 6: Details to follow.
Perrysville Street Fair, June 10-13: Details to follow.
Walk in the Park, June 20, 1-4pm: Join us for Walk in the Park at Freer Field.