The Ashland County Park District is a multi-use park system — and regulated, seasonal hunting is permitted in designated parks. All hunters must follow ACPD hunting regulations as well as all regulations and seasons as designated by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and/or state and federal statutes.
Hunting parks will be closed from October 15th – December 31st for all non-hunting uses, except as noted. One exception is that hunting parks will remain open for hunting, but will also open Sunday afternoons from 12:00 noon until closing for non-hunting activities such as hiking, except during gun deer hunting season. These Sundays will be posted at all hunting park entrances.
Please note: Parks are not a target range. No random or reckless discharge of firearms is permitted. Shooting is restricted to legitimate hunting and dog training only. Guns are restricted to legal hunting weapons, including shotguns, bows and crossbows, but excluding all rifles and handguns. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Spring Turkey Lottery – April 12, 1930 Co. Rd. 1035, 3:30pm – 6:30pm: The Ashland County Park District will hold its annual spring turkey lottery for the 2014 hunting season. Any questions concerning the lottery please call Tim McMillen at 419-289-8056 or e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACPD Hunting Contact: Andy McClure at 419.606.4561
The following parks permit hunting for deer (bow & gun), turkey and small game:
The following parks permit limited hunting:
- Audubon Wetlands Preserve: Deer gun season and limited bow — no small game or waterfowl.
- Carpenter Waterfowl Park: Regulations undetermined at this time.
- Hurdle Waterfowl Park: Late-season deer (bow-hunting only) in the east woods.
- Pine Hill – Sauers Farm: Regulations are currently being reevaluated (Spring 2013)
- River Walk Natural Area: Deer (bow-hunting only), small game and waterfowl.
No hunting is permitted in the following parks: